Paying since 2007. FREE earning opportunity

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Child With A Vision

A teacher asked her class to draw their dream of what they wanted to be or have when they grow up.. One of her students was a young boy, aged five, was so excited by this class exercise. He drew a picture of a big ranch with horses, cattle, flocks of sheep, herds of pig, chickens, and other poultry and livestock. When he submitted the drawing to the teacher, she complimented him on how well the young boy drew his picture but quickly reminded him, saying, "You drew a very nice picture but I want you to make a more realistic drawing. Remember, your grandfather is poor, your father is poor, so I don't think your family can afford such a ranch. Change the drawing or I will have to give you an F."



The young boy went home sad. He wanted to please his teacher but he really wanted to have that ranch when he grows up. He approached his father and asked, "Father, what am I supposed to do?" His father replied, "It is up to you son you can either keep your dreams or allow to be stolen."

The following day, the young boy excitedly submitted his picture. It was the same picture. the teacher looked at him frustratedly and said, "Are you testing my patience? I asked you to change this drawing or else I would give you an F!" But the young boy just smiled and replied, "It's okay Ma'am, you can give me an F but I choose to keep my dreams."

Twenty years later, the teacher was still a teacher. One day, she and her class went on a field trip to a vast and successful ranch. Upon arriving there, the teacher was the last one to alight the bus. Suddenly, she heard a voice calling out from a distance, "Teacher! Teacher! Do you recognize me?" A good-looking young man started to approach her. "Teacher, it's me, the boy who drew a picture of the ranch. Look," he made a gesture with his hand presenting the ranch, "these are the horses, cattle, flocks of sheep, herds of pig, and chickens that I drew. And over that way are..."

But while the young man was excitedly talking about how his dream came true, tears began to flow down the teacher's cheeks. She turned to the young man and said, "Now I've realized that ever since I started teaching, I have been stealing the dreams of my students, just like you. It is a great thing that despite everything, you chose to pursue your dreams and see them come true."

What is the moral of this story?
Protect your dreams at all costs - never allow people to steal your dreams away from you. There are a lot of "dream stealers" out there. Fight for your dreams up to your last breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment